SAD NEWS: Tenant narrates how a bouncer and wife were burnt to death in Lagos

A co-tenant

A co-tenant who was simply identified as Ifeanyi has narrated how the fire incident in Lagos claimed the lives of a bouncer in a Lagos club, Sunday Braimoh, and his wife, Morenikeji, as they were burnt to death in the fire disaster on Idewu Street, Olodi Apapa, Lagos State. Tenant narrates how a bouncer and wife were burnt to death in Lagos

The couple were said to be in their room when the fire started on the passage-way of the eight-room bungalow. The fire however reportedly started after a tenant spilled petrol on the floor while cooking.

The couple became trapped in their room when the iron door to the room jammed and windows shut with burglar-proof bars.

Ifeanyi explained that the fire started around 5pm and he noted that, “The fire started around 5pm. I and other tenants in the house were trying to get some of our properties out when we heard an explosion and we all ran out.

“Later, I heard that the man and his wife died in the fire.”

However, in confirmation of the incident, the state Police Public Relations Officer, SP Chike Oti said that the couple were burnt to death, but were identified by a family member.

“The house was completely burnt along with personal belongings of the tenants as the couple locked themselves in. The burglar-proof door and windows were also shut and they could not find their way out.

“Their bodies were identified by a relation of the couple,” Oti added.